Mother Daughter Book Reviews is pleased to be coordinating a Book Blast for the second volume of the "BookElves Anthology" featuring some of your favorite middle grade authors. Now available - just in time for the holiday season!
About the BookTitle: BookElves Anthology, Volume 2 | Authors: Jemima Pett, Cheryl Carpinello, Rebecca M. Douglass, Wendy Leighton-Porter, S.W. Lothian, Annaliese Matheron, Ben Zackheim | Publication Date: November 12, 2015 | Publisher: Princelings Publications | Pages: 176 | Recommended Ages: 8 to 14 Summary: Seven authors, seven new tales to twang your heartstrings as you snuggle up cosy and warm during the long winter nights. Will the Christmas fairy be ready to grant your wishes? Will Shirley Link solve all the clues to her presents? Will a keen inventor steal the heart of a lady? Will another lady have her life saved by a horse? And will Santa's reindeer, a lost and forlorn hero, and a boy under the spell of a wicked witch find their way home when they are left out in the cold at midwinter? Find out in this second anthology from the MG BookElves, a selection that older children will love, and adults will enjoy reading to younger children.
- Shirley Link's friends help her rediscover the joy of Christmas by setting her musical puzzles to solve - and with her detective skills, maybe she's the only one who can! Ben Zackheim (Shirley Link Detective Series, the Camelot Kids)
- Max the talking Tonkinese cat has an unpleasant surprise when he finds himself trapped in the attic one night and, while pondering his escape, discovers that he’s not alone. Help comes from a rather unexpected quarter … and the Twelve Days of Christmas will never seem quite the same again! Wendy Leighton-Porter (The Shadows from the Past series)
- Not only does Melvin Finklestein plan to impress his peers with his brilliant cracker at the Beverly Hills College of Gifted Inventors Xmas Reunion Spectacular, he’s determined to win the heart of the wonderful Trixie Tragik. What could possibly go wrong? S W Lothian (The Quest series, Time Square series)
- If you found a lost reindeer in the woods, could you hide him away long enough for him regain his ability to fly? Find out who else Dougall meets when he befriends Reinhardt the reindeer. Jemima Pett (The Princelings of the East series)
- Halitor can't find the people who need his help on the long night of Midwinter. But they find him, and there may be some holiday magic in the air. Rebecca M Douglass (The Ninja Librarian series, Halitor the Hero)
- Once this warhorse carried a mighty king; now he carries a cargo more precious - the young girl destined to be his queen. Cheryl Carpinello (Young Knights of King Arthur series, Young Guinevere)
- The Witch War is over, but the scars of their spells still cause havoc in Werifesteria, even King Aldridge is affected. When Jacob’s father is taken by the witch of The Dark Wood he and the king set out on a quest to return him. A fun fairy-tale adventure by Annaliese Matheron (Ninja Nan series)
Smashwords * iTunes * B&N * Kobo * Goodreads
About the Authors: