Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies...aka: Hockey Pucks With Texture


So, I got out Logan today, because The Hubs wanted cookies.  He asked for Oatmeal Raisin ones.  Well, last time I attempted these, they turned out like hockey pucks.  Little, sweet, raisin studded hockey pucks.  Ms. Middle was cute and tried to tell me they weren't that bad, but I knew she was lying to make Mommy feel better.

This time, I altered the recipe just a little, in hopes that hockey pucks didn't appears again.  Um, they did.  Only this time, they were ok until they cooled.  Last time, there was no "ok time".  So, I did a little better.  I used the recipe from under the cap on the oatmeal (Quaker).  The second time, I used less flour and less oats, hoping that the puck return would be subsided.  The Hubs suggested that maybe it was too much brown sugar.  I said I didn't know.  The last batch was seemingly a little better and a bit bigger.  I said maybe it was the size.  Maybe I should make them all larger next time.  I'm at a loss.

Anyone have any ideas?