Friday, March 14, 2014

Hugo the Happy Starfish: Yes, I Can

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
Author: Suzy Liebermann
Publisher: Happy Language Kids, LLC
Length: 29 Pages

About the book:
Come on a sea adventure with HUGO THE HAPPY STARFISH as he finds out that HAPPINESS begins with CONFIDENCE.
 
YES, I CAN! (THE ISLAND OF CONFIDENCE) contains a great educational lesson about BEING A CONFIDENT PERSON.
On the ISLAND OF CONFIDENCE Hugo learns that making a mistake is part of the learning process. He loses his fear of trying something new, and finally, after a lot of hard work succeeds in his goal.
The little starfish learns to believe in himself and to give his personal best, every day.
 
Hugo is a little starfish whose home is at the bottom of the wide ocean. He longs to visit the real world, and one day he decides to go and find it. Hugo's journey to happiness isn't quite as straightforward as he hopes though. He is sent to a series of different islands where he is taught important character lessons.
By the end of his journey, Hugo has visited fourteen islands, made many more friends, and, most importantly, learned how to be a better starfish.
 
‘HUGO THE HAPPY STARFISH - ISLAND ADVENTURES’ is packed with life lessons for kids, showing them the importance of appreciation, patience, tolerance and optimism amongst others.
 
Teaching children life skills can be tricky, but with this exciting book your kids will come across some of the most important lessons there are to be learned. Like Hugo, their journey to the real world will be full of character lessons along the way.
 
In Hugo, children, parents, and educators will discover a lovable and engaging role model with whom they can identify.


Our opinion:
Yes, I Can made me laugh, because the Big One is a bit tone deaf and the Hubs tells her to not sing often.  I try to take the other approach, try and try...maybe some day you'll be good.  She is really bad, but I don't want to quash her dreams.  It really hit home, which is strange to say because it is a cartoon, but it did.  The Big One instantly related to her dad telling her to stop and Grandma {my mom} and I telling her to keep trying.

This book was by far the one that the Beanie Babies liked the best, I'm pretty sure because they related to it so easily.  I would recommend it to all parents.

"Hugo has a good friend, I like Seedo.  I want to be friends with him.  I think that maybe my friend D__ is like Seedo.  She tells me I can do stuff, too!"
~Ms. Middle, age 4

"This story is about being sure of your self.  It was good.  Hugo should be more sure of himself."
~the Big One, age 7

{For more info on the products and the author your can go to www.MyStarfish.org}


Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** Bloglovin'
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.