Thursday, February 20, 2014

Black Rose, Wilted~Book Tour

http://fireandicebooktours.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/poetry-book-tour-black-rose-wilted-by-frederick-jones-tour-dates-21214-22614/

Virtual Book Tour Dates: 2/12/14 – 2/26/14
Genre: Poetry
Promotion: Black Rose, Wilted will be $2.99 during the tour!

Blurb:



The Great Gothic Poet brings you writings from my very heart and soul. From my service for our awesome country to relationships gone good and wrong. These literary workings are for more than just one Genre but for ALL! Please enjoy.

Excerpt:
911
maybe exhoneration is warranted;
maybe, it is not!
My only job is to have the nations foes rot
The deeds of evil of which they perform
Surely, death is earned to them.
Killing the innocent for a “statement” our enemies do So eloquently!
Call to 911 thousands strew
Can we recall 9/11
See the irony here?
But still, I am merely doing my duty
A hero I am not
Only a selfless servant to our great nation
Heroes are the brethren who have gave all
So that I have the liberty to write about the sensations of which I feel the calling
The thank you is warming
They calm the storm that brews so heavily within
So I say to you, America
THANK YOU

Buy Links:




About Frederick Jones:


Born on April 6th 1970 in Ft Carson, Colorado and raised in a military Family, I have had numerous experiences that stretch across the globe. I currently live in Augusta GA where my Family settled in after my Fathers retirement from the Army. I too, am a Soldier. I have served 2 combat tours. One during Operation Desert Storm. The other from 2004-2005 for Operation Iraqi Freedom. I currently am serving in the Military with the primary function of training our Soldiers for deployment. Divorced twice, I have 3 wonderful children (Fred Jones IV, Serenity, and Kaitlyn) who are my everything! My children are and ALWAYS will be my priority. Raised in a very close Family and I am so glad. My parents; Lydia J Jones is a Brilliant teacher, and, my Father who is retired Military have made me who I am today.
My first book “Black Rose- A Book of Poems and Short Stories” was published September 29, 2010. Shortly after that in 2011 “Black Rose” was featured in the 2011 New York State Book Exhibit. Later in the year the Signed Industrial Metal music group Sonik Foundry sponsored my literary works on their 2011 Redemption tour of the southeast.
September 2012 I was presented a unique opportunity and given the job of Sci-Fi Author for Digital Lust Magazine in New York City, NY and am still writing Sci-Fi stories for them.
In 2013, The European Music Group Anything But Monday met with me and was presented a copy of “Black Rose”.
My second book “Black Rose, Wilted was published December 19 2013 and stay tuned as I have many more stories and poems soon to be published.

Connect with the Author:

 
Guest Post:

My Journey down the writing path

From the early age of 14 I was inspired by the writings of Edgar Allan Poe. I just could not put the books I acquired with his works down. What I found most interesting was the pure mysticism of his stories and the heart and passion that I felt in every word I read. I could understand fully, just by reading his poetry, exactly how he felt about his one true love, Anabelle. It was as though she was right there before my eyes. A perfect picture painted with words. It was at this moment that I was strongly inspired myself to write and write I did. Then, I had confidence issues and never felt anything I wrote was worthy of recognition. But one of my professors years later insisted I let him review some of my short stories. This was while attending Georgia Military College. The short story "Melancholy" which I included in my first book "Black Rose" in 2010 was this very story I showed him. He absolutely loved it and insisted I continue to write. He also published this short story in the College monthly newsletter as well.

For the first time in a long while with years of rejection I realized I can do whatever I will myself to do and can mold my very own success!
 I only needed to put my mind to it and set realistic goals for myself as well as exclude all the negative energies around me. And here I am today with my second poetry book and in addition to this selected to be Sci-Fi Author for a magazine in New York City.

So with that being said I say to you, readers and fans. Dreams do come true! If you will it and keep that drive toward your goal or dream it may not happen right away, but it will happen. therefore pursue and embrace your wishes and dreams.

The Great Gothic Poet
Frederick Jones



Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** Bloglovin'