Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Secret to Happiness~Children's Book Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


Author: Suzy Liebermann
Publisher: Happy Language Kids, LLC
Length: 32 Pages

Ms. Middle and I read this book together.  The story was fantastic.  I loved that it engaged her and had a great explanation of empathy.  Hugo the Happy Starfish was a great character.  He started out sad and wanted to be happy.  First, I was excited that no one just GAVE Hugo happiness.  He had to search for it.  On his search, he met Manta.  I was nervous when Manta came into the picture, because I thought Manta would just give the happiness away.  Instead, Manta gave really good ideas to Hugo that the kids can follow as well.  In the end, the thing that made me most happy about the book was that Ms. Middle wanted to go out and help people.  She wanted to make sure her sisters were happy and asked to help set the table {because it would make Daddy happy}.  Let's hope that lasts!

"I liked Hugo.  He was fun and happy.  I didn't like when he was sad, but he got happy.  Then, he made the seahorse happy.  I liked making the seahorse happy.  My thumbs go up!"
~Ms. Middle, age 4

Is English not your first language?  Don't worry, this book is also available in 6 other languages {7 total} through amazon eBooks!

{This program is particularly aligned with the aims and values she upheld as a teacher of cultural art and foreign language at a prestigious International Baccalaureate World School.
For more info on the products and the author your can go to www.MyStarfish.org}


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** Bloglovin'