Tuesday, August 27, 2013

20 Tuesdays ~ Week 13




 On my first date EVER, we...went to see a movie.  I have no idea which movie it was.  We didn't kiss.  He did pay for my ticket, but didn't buy me dinner.  He picked me up and opened the doors for me.  I wore jeans.

It amazes me to see how different dating is these days for young people.  I feel like for those that are 35 and older, it is how I remember, but those younger it is a whole different ballgame.  Now, I don't make a habit of dating younger guys {especially since I'm married now}, but I have friends who are still out in the dating world.  

I am old fashioned in the sense that I want the guy to pay, open doors, make the first move.  I don't want to be in the awkward position of "who pays?" because he should pay for me.  That's the way I was raised.  I guess the times have changed and all of that good stuff, but I feel like you can learn a lot about a man if he opens doors and pays on the first date.


Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** Bloglovin'