Thursday, May 16, 2013

#FTSF~when I was younger...

Finish the Sentence Fridays
When I was Younger, I Wanted to...
...have a lot of fun...oh wait, that's how I started my post last week?!?  Are you sure???  Well, it's true.  I DID want to have a lot of fun.  I DID HAVE a lot of fun.  Some would say too much fun.  Yep, I was one of those girls.  Ok, not one of THOSE girls, but one of those girls, so get your head out of the gutter.

I liked to stay busy.  I always have loved music (it was my major in college).  People have FUN with music.  I was a band geek and sang in multiple choirs throughout my school career.  Some of my fondest memories was in musicals and plays, even in Junior High School.  During high school especially, I had fun times in different sports.  Volleyball, softball, cheer-leading (competition and varsity squad), you know, the "regulars"; except soccer.  Ick.  WAY too much running for my taste!

In the middle of all of my FUN, I had my second ACL replacement surgery when I was 15.  That sucked.  But I recovered nicely and was back into the swing of everything the next year.  Also, that year (my sophomore year), I was able to start attending college courses.  That was pretty fun.  Now, that was fun.  Well, it was fun when I was supposed to be in high school.  It sort of lost it's appeal when I was actually supposed to be in college.

When college finally came around, I tried to have as much fun as I could; and still learn a little.  Some of my friends and I started a cheer-leading squad for the hockey team.  Why did we have to start one?  Why wasn't one already in place?  Um, because my dumb@** went to an all girls college.  DUMB move for a girl who wanted to have fun...or was it?  Yea, it was dumb.  We did meet a bunch of nice guys, but it wasn't the same environment as going to a co-ed school.

Not too long after college, I met my {now} husband {and the fun stopped, just kidding}.  We have a lot of fun with the girls.  A lot different type of fun from 10 years ago, but that's as it should be.

Thanks for reading the recap of my life.  Now, don't forget to come back next week!  Our sentence is:
I Blog Because...



Also, please Tweet!  Use #FTSF so I can find you easier and if you want me to comment at your place faster, mention me @dawns_disaster




- - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't forget to enter this children's book Giveaway on my blog and Natasha's Pinterest Giveaway!  Also, if you have a post about your Little One's FIRST STEPS, link it up HERE!  Twitter link up HERE.


Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs