Monday, May 13, 2013

M3~first steps

Mommy Blog Hoppers

Out topic this month is FIRST STEPS.  Here's a story about the Big One and some quick tidbits about the other two.

When the Big One was about 3 months old, I met a woman (we'll call her V~she also had a daughter that was 3 months old).  I was working in the apartment complex that we lived in and the heat had gone out.  The boilers were NOT working.  That morning, we received about 20 no-heat calls.  V's husband called, but they didn't think that we were working on the issue fast enough, so V came down to the office.  She was a handful.  She was ranting and raging about how it was SO cold in her apartment and her 3 month old was cold and she was going to sue us {personally} if we didn't get the f__ heat working RIGHT NOW.  We tried to reassure her that maintenance was already called and in fact working on the boiler as she was yelling at us.  Then, I realized that she said she had a 3 month old.  I asked her a little about her baby, boy or girl, how was her labor, ya-da ya-da ya-da...and finally, "when was your baby born?"  It turned out V's baby was born one day after the Big One!  Amazing.  So, of course we became great friends (then she moved away and I'm still mad at her).

What could be more amazing than that?  Well, our girls started to walk within HOURS of each other.  Not only that, but they were only 7 months old!  V called me and told me that I had to get to her place, no matter what I was doing.  I said either that or she had to come see me, because I had something to show her.  We decided I'd go there, then the 4 of us would go back to my place.  When I got to her place, V showed my that H was walking.  So, I plopped the Big One down and she walked right over to H!  We were SO amazed because they had both just started to crawl, about a week prior to them walking.  I don't think either of us were ready for them walking.  Not many people believed that the Big One was walking at 7 months, but there was no denying it!  She was on the move.

the Big One is the pumpkin and the chicken is H

Now, the Big One was the first that I was raising.  So everything she did is my marker for the other two.  When Ms. Middle wasn't walking by her 9 month appointment, I was very concerned.  I brought it up to our pediatrician.  She laughed in my face.  I distinctly remember her saying, "I'm so sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you're too funny."  Little did I know that babies generally don't walk until 18 months.  SO, when I put Ms. Middle down to schedule her 12 month appointment, the pediatrician wanted to whip out her video camera when she started to walk (almost as funny as when I asked her about the Big One not speaking clearly just for her to ask for some "more blueberries, Mommy, please" quite clear)!

I learned my lesson, don't hope your kid will walk at 7 months...or 9 month.  Because when they turn 11 months and you think you're in the clear for the next 8 or so months, your'e totally wrong.  Little Baby was our "late" walker, when in fact she was closest to average.  At 11.5 months, she was still under a year when she took her first "free" steps.  I think she was waiting for her surgery to be over.  Must have wanted to take things "one step at a time" literally.

So, now that you've read about the Beanie Babies FIRST STEPS, link up the stories about YOUR kids over at MBH!

- - - - - - - - - - - -
Check out this great giveaway, over at Serenity You!  Congrats to Natasha for surpassing 1,000 Pinterest followers!!! 

Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs