Tuesday, January 22, 2013

TT~Meet Jaime!

Dawn’s Disaster

This is a great way for me to learn more about my bloggy friends and to help promote their blog.  So, once you're read their fantastic post, stop by their blog and leave them a note.  Tell 'em you stopped by from Dawn's Disaster :)  If you'd like to be a part of my Traveling Tuesdays, give me a holler or stop by my contact page.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hey y'all!!  I'm so happy to be here with Dawn for Traveling Tuesdays!!  First things first, I guess I should introduce myself!  I'm Jaime, the wife & momma behind Mom's Test Kitchen, my little space in the blogosphere where I share the recipes I make
for my family. I also sometimes like to branch outside of my kitchen and share
the fun little educational activities that I do with my
Princess P.
This pasta salad is absolutely delicious & so easy to throw together during the day for dinner that night! Only difference I would make is adding additional bacon right before serving because the bacon does lose some of its crispness in the fridge. It still is one of our new favorite pasta salads & I will definitely be making it again!
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 package (12 ounces)
    rotini pasta
  • 1 package (12 ounces)
    center cut bacon
  • 1/3 cup
    Italian dressing
  • 1/4 cup
    green onions, chopped
  • 1 cup
    spinach leaves, roughly chopped
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces)
    diced tomatoes, drained & rinsed
  • 1 bottle (16 ounces)
    creamy Italian dressing


LETS COOK:

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the rotini pasta in the boiling water based on package directions, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite; drain.
  2. Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease.
  3. Wilt spinach in the skillet with the reserved bacon grease over medium heat, 2 to 3 minutes.
  4. Toss cooked pasta with 1/3 cup Italian-style dressing in a large bowl; stir bacon, spinach, and green onions into coated pasta.
  5. Stir creamy Italian-style dressing, and tomatoes into pasta mixture. Chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
           
RECIPE INSPIRED BY: allrecipes
       
    If you like this recipe, I hope you'll stop by & check out some of my others! You can also stay up to date on my newest recipes by joining any of my social network communities!





        - - - - - - - - - - - -

      It's a 2-for-1 special today!  Check out my post over at Jamie's blog today!


       

      Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs


       
      This months Fab-o Sponsors:

      Save 15% on your Blurb Photo Book purchase from 1/8 through 2/14 with code LOVEBOOKS