Monday, September 3, 2012

Day 26 of My 30 Day Blog Challenge

Day 26: What popular notion do you think the world has wrong?

Ok, this may start uproar from both sides, but the Marriage Amendment.  I could honestly care less who married who and why.  I don’t give two hoots or a lambs’ tail about the marriage tax “credit” or who gets to use it.

I DO think that this is a great example of how church and state were NOT separated when Government first became what it strives to be today. 

Marriage is a Christian word that refers to the Holy Covenant of Matrimony.  Strict Christians believe it is wrong to be homosexual.  Therefore, all strict Christians do not want Gay Marriage to be legal.

Liberals believe it is not a choice to be homosexual, but a birth “right”.  Gays ‘are who they are’.  Now, I am Christian, but I don’t care if you’re gay or straight or bisexual or bi-curious (I do care if you are transgender, because I think that is odd).  You love who you love and that’s just the way it is, no matter what I tell you.  If you are who you want to be and who you believe you are, it doesn’t really matter what I think you should be.  In the end, if you are Christian, you will face your maker and if you believe something else, then that will happen to you.

SOOOOOOO, my point is this.  Minnesotans are voting on the legalization of Gay Marriage and I haven’t decided to vote no or yes yet (I hope to by November).  I feel that all people should be able to be with whomever they feel they should be with.  I don’t care if it’s a man and a woman or a man and a man or a woman and a woman.  I think the WHOLE LAW should change and make it be a Civil Union Ceremony.  I would say then we can all be Unionized, but that is already something people can be, which would then make me say we can all be Civilized, but that will never happen…

Did I confuse you?  Sorry.  Did I make you mad?  Not sorry.  It’s my opinion.