Sunday, October 21, 2012

The New Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!

I am a new stay-at-home mom and am overjoyed to be.  When The Big One was born, I was able to stay home for her first ten months.  Then, the economy hit the Hubs' business and one of us needed to go back to work.  I was the unlucky one to get a job first.  So, for the last five years, I have been at work and the Hubs worked from home.  After the birth of Little Baby, we decided that three was too much for the Hubs and he would go back to full-time work.  Well, I thought I would be able to get a lot of baking done while staying at home.  NOT SO MUCH.  Did you know that babies take up A LOT of time?  I guess I forgot how much time they take up after Ms. Middle was born.  Or maybe I just missed that much.  One thing that I have been able to bake on a regular basis are Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, because they are the Hubs' favorite.  I finally have the recipe perfect and wanted to share it with you!



3/4 cup of butter, softened
3/4 cup of lightly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1-1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2-3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
1-1/2 cup of raisins*

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees (F).  Beat butter and both sugars on medium (I set Logan at 3), until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.  In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix together.  Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix well (I set Logan at 1 until all dry is added, then change her to 3).  Add oats and mix in.  Add raisins and mix in.  Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto ungreased cookie sheets.   Bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.  Cool 1 minute on sheets, then remove to wire racks to completely cool, or to your mouth to enjoy!

*Another option is to add 1 cup raisins and 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.