Thursday, March 21, 2013

one time I was bored out of my mind...

Finish the Sentence Fridays

Do you remember the rules?
One time when I was bored out of my mind, I...
...didn't do anything fun or exciting.  I am a very boring person, so this sentence is hard for me.  I've literally been looking at this one for a month and still have writer's block.  So, today, I'm copying Kate and writing about something related but different.

When I'm bored out of my mind, which doesn't actually happen all that often {here in the land of Beanie Babies}, I eat.  I eat lots of crap.  Seriously, my stomach turns into a pit that won't fill up.  I get embarrassed when this happens at family gatherings.  Oddly enough, I'm not embarrassed that I'm BORED, but that I am eating SO much.  Here's a typical "bored-family-gathering" day for me:

*Breakfast - whatever people are eating, unless it really sucks, then I'll eat left over potatoes, if there aren't any of those, there's bound to be a can of soup somewhere
*Snack #1 - something healthy, it is still morning, after all
*Snack #2 - because people don't eat near close enough together
*Lunch - whatever is planned, unless it's gross, in which case I'll have one of the breakfast alternatives or a sandwich
*Snack #3 - because it's only been about 30 minutes since we had lunch
*Snack #4 - this is a good one, because the Beanie Babies are sleeping, so it can be decadent and I don't have to worry about sharing...like my stomach needs more at this point
*Snack #5 - probably a "light" assortment of chips and dips
*Dinner - this was planned by the hostess and hopefully doesn't involve too much pork, but if it does, that's ok, because there's still time to snack
*Snack #6 - something salty, because there;s Dessert to come
*Dessert - something sweet, duh
*Snack #7 - usually during a rip-roaring game of Mexican Train, Canasta or another card game, or board game (if it's the side of the family Kate is on).  This snack is generally prolonged with multiple refill opportunities, which I take advantage of...
*Now, I am can go to bed.  Fully full and {not} looking forward to another day of eating with my family.

So, what are some of your favorite snacks, maybe I'll try one or two out at the next family gathering!

Don't forget to come back next week.  Our sentence is:
If I could hang out with any celebrity, it would be...





Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs