Tuesday, March 12, 2013

TT~Meet Tammy

Dawn’s Disaster

This is a great way for me to learn more about my bloggy friends and to help promote their blog.  So, once you're read their fantastic post, stop by their blog and leave them a note.  Tell 'em you stopped by from Dawn's Disaster :)  If you'd like to be a part of my Traveling Tuesdays, give me a holler or stop by my contact page.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi, I’m Tammy from Yours and Mine ARE Ours and I am super, super excited to be here!  Thank you Dawn for inviting me. 
Just a little about me.  My husband and I have been married for seven years.  We have six children ranging in age from 25 to 10; five boys and one daughter.  We have also been blessed with two additional daughters who married our sons.  Throw in a six year old granddaughter and a nine month old grandson and you can imagine our house is often quite busy!  We wouldn’t have it any other way.  Sometimes i forget but I truly am blessed! Oh yes and we can’t forget Bella (our cat) and Max (our Olde English Bulldog)!
We live in Ohio, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes! Can you believe that my husband and one of our sons are Michigan Fans? Crazy! I think they just like to be different.
I have learned a lot about saving money over the years whether it be by using coupons, cooking from scratch, going to yard sales or DIY. I love sharing family and budget friendly meals, ideas, DIY and garden tips on my blog.  I hope you’ll come visit me.  Oh yes AND I’m a Pinterest addict so feel free to join me there also!
I began blogging in October of 2012 so my blog is fairly new.  But don’t let that fool you!  There’s a lot of great information there already.  Some of the things you can find there?  There’s a three part series on information about working from home, each Wednesday is a new crockpot meal and there’s a great DIY on a chalkboard / storyboard.  Coming up in the next month or so will be DIY raised garden beds, more recipes (did I mention I love to cook?), homemade laundry soap that works! and several product as well as children's book reviews.
I bet you thought I was going to just keep talking about myself didn’t you? Well, guess what??  I have a recipe to share with you before I go!  I hope you love it.  This is one of mine and my husbands favorites and we just had it again today so I have to share so you can see for yourself just how fabulous it is!  YUM!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
4 bell peppers, chopped
29 ounces tomato sauce
29 ounces diced tomatoes
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 cups cooked white rice
Directions
In a Dutch Oven brown ground beef over medium high heat and then drain off fat.  Add the chopped peppers to the browned meat and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes.  Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (with juice), bouillon cubes, brown sugar, salt, pepper and soy sauce. Cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.  Stir in the rice and heat through.
~ Tammy



Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs