Tuesday, March 19, 2013

TT~Meet Janine (Co-Hostess of #FTSF)

Have you heard about the Google Reader going away?  Well, if you haven't, have you been living under a rock?  I'll be the first to admit, I don't watch the news, so I'm always a little late at getting announcements like that one.  So, here's my plea for you to follow me through Bloglovin'.  I'd love to get to the 600 range soon, as that's where I am with GFC.  So, any help is appreciated!  Thanks!

Follow on Bloglovin
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Dawn’s Disaster

This is a great way for me to learn more about my bloggy friends and to help promote their blog.  So, once you're read their fantastic post, stop by their blog and leave them a note.  Tell 'em you stopped by from Dawn's Disaster :)  If you'd like to be a part of my Traveling Tuesdays, give me a holler or stop by my contact page.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Blogging for me, Janine from Confessions of a Mommyaholic, was truly a way to share with my life as a stay at home mom to my two beautiful and crazy little girls.  Yes, I am a mom two little girls, who are 16 months apart.  Emma is on her way to 4 years old in July and Lily is almost 2 1/2 years old.

I am a truly a mother nowadays first and foremost, even though I am so much more (a wife, a teacher by trade, an overall good-natured/warm hearted woman), the role of mother is the one thing that really has defined me.

But how did I become the mother I am today?  Well, that wouldn’t have been possible without having a very wonderful and loving mother myself.  My mom is truly my rock and my best friend.  She is always there and is the first person to help me with anything, especially with my own girls.

A Little background though of how it all began.  Growing up, my mother gave up everything she had for us.  She was a business woman and worked on Wall Street before giving birth to me, but at 7 1/2 months pregnant she quit her job and never looked back.  She was even offered her old job back by her boss who adored her on more than a few occasions, but passed, because she wanted to be present and there for us.

There isn’t anything my mom wouldn’t do for us (my brother, who is 6 years younger and me).  The woman deprived herself just so we would have and she also made sure to be there when we got home from school, whether it was to help with homework, make us a snack or just a shoulder to lean on if we needed.

When I was a little girl, I loved this.  But don’t get me wrong, as a teenager, I secretly wished somedays she would find a part-time job and let me be, but thank god she didn’t because I was a hell-raiser from the word, “Go!”  and probably would have made some really bad mistakes had she not been there to catch me!

That said, I can only hope that I can be half the mother she was to us and that someday my girls will look at me and feel the same as I do about my own mom.  Also, today just happens to be my mom’s birthday.  When I was asked a few months back to guest post for Traveling Tuesdays, I asked Dawn if I Could do something special on here for my mom and Dawn immediately gave me the go ahead.  So this post is dedicated to my loving and supportive mom and also wanted to use this guest post to wish her a very, Happy Birthday to let her know how much we love her.

So, thanks mom for being you and Happy, Happy Birthday!!!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you want to be a part of #TravTues?  Email me and I'll get you on the calendar!  The last two Tuesdays in April are still available.  Give me a shout!  dawnsdisaster {@} gmail {.} com


Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs