Thursday, February 21, 2013

hello and welcome to another addition of #FTSF

Speaking from experience, I'm going to give you a little advice on...


...how to spend more time with your family.  It seems fitting, doesn't it?  Here are 3 ways I have changed my life THIS YEAR:

1)  Less blogging.  Set a limit.  I know, it's totally like pulling teeth, but it's worth it.  I felt really badly when the Big One asked if I was going to listen to her sing an song or go "blogging".  Of course, when they pull at your heart-strings like that, you have to listen to them sing...even though you'd rather be pulling your teeth out with a tweezers, or giving 100 strangers pedicures, or scratching your fingernails on a chalkboard so long it's turned to wood.  So, start simple.  Streamline what posts you will be doing for the month.  Make your self a schedule and follow it.  Did you see a bit ago, another mommy-blogger (Lanaya, not to point any fingers or anything) had over 15 days of posts scheduled!  It may have been 21, I don't remember now if it was two or three weeks pre-planned.  Anyhow, strive for that.  BUT just because you have three weeks of posts scheduled DOESN'T mean you don't blog for three weeks.  It just means your brain has to work a little less hard.  You don't need to use as much of your writing skills, but you can still hop and what not.  You can also plan out further, if you are an overachiever.

2)  Make time for your significant other.  I realized I was going a week without having a REAL conversation with the Hubs.  We'd say hi and good night and ask what we were having for lunch and dinner (we don't even spend that much time apart!) but we weren't having quality conversations.  So, he doesn't know it yet, but I have been watching the clock.  After we put the older Beanies to bed, I spend at least 10 minutes talking with him.  I know you think that's really fast, but 10 minutes a night is over an hour of conversation.  That's 70 minutes more of talking each week than we were doing last year.  Some nights we do talk longer, but sometimes it's only those 10 minutes.  I plan on making it longer in a month or so.  Maybe 15 minutes each night.  It's nice time to be alone with him.

3)  Blog at night.  Do as much as you can while the Beanies are asleep.  Yes, you should be sleeping, too, BUT, this hour that you are spending while they sleep is an extra 40 minutes you will get to spend with them tomorrow!

What do you think?  What are some things you have done to spend more time with your family?

Now, take a moment to link up your post starting, "Speaking from experience, I'm going to give you a little advice on... and come back to link up next week.  Our sentence is:
You want to know what I think of social media? I think...






Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs


 
This months Fab-o Sponsors: