Wednesday, February 20, 2013

my friend Ann has a really cool job {PRIZES}

The Big One is in her first your at school this year.  It is also my first year to meet parents.  Having no preschool for the Beanie Babies, I am very inexperienced at this task.

I am not exactly what you would call an extrovert, but I am not an introvert.  I'm {what I call} a me-o-vert.  Understandably, that sounds very narcissistic, but the thought process behind it isn't.  I can be quite extroverted and loudly opinionated and speak my mind when it may not always be wanted, but in new situations, with new people (especially those that will probably judge me), I am SHY AS ALL GET OUT.  I do just fine one-on-one, even in an interview.  Groups of people "tweeks-my-outie" as Ms. Middle says (freaks me out).

So, I was quite happy when I seemed to make a Kinder-friend, Ann.  Her son is in the same class as the Big One.  A few weeks ago, she invited me to a skin care party at her house.  She sells the product line for Rodan and Fields.  She gets to host parties, sell to her friends, and strangers, and make money, selling a product she loves and truly believes in.  That's not always an easy task.  I thought her stuff was so cool, I asked her to write a post about it.  Now, not only did she write a great post for you guys to read, but she is also offering a prize when you use the "Solution Tool" and get the confirming email!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I wear yoga pants as often as possible- just ask Dawn how many times she's seen me in anything else.  But that doesn't mean I don't like to feel beautiful all the time, even in a ponytail and knock-off UGGS from Old Navy.  I also don't like to wear make-up if I don't have to- who has time to do that.  I'll dab on some finishing powder and a little blush, hit my lashes with a swipe of mascara, and I'm content.  But let's face it (pun intended), I'm not getting younger, and when I started noticing the beginnings of crows feet last year, I was a little concerned.  I thought, "I'm 31, my kids aren't even in grade school yet. THIS is only going to get worse."  And even though they say Lever 2000 is for all your 2000 parts, I figured it was time to start treating my face like the priceless piece of real estate that it is. 
Just as I was beginning to pay attention to all the ads out there for this serum and that miracle cream, I was introduced to Rodan + Fields Dermatologists.  The name was familiar- turns out this company is founded by the creators of Proactiv Solution.  But this time, these doctors are redefining how we ALL care for our skin (not just the unlucky ones with acne).  They have a 2-minute online questionnaire that customized a skincare plan for me designed to meet my concerns, all based on how these well-known dermatologists work with patients in their practice.  This is great- I'm a full-time mom, part-time nurse.  I don't have the time to go to the dermatologist; and even if I did, you can bet I'm not dragging my kids along.  So I answered 6 simple questions about my skin and got a customized treatment routine which I then emailed to myself. 
Now you're thinking, "Well that's all fine and good, Ann. How do you know that 'treatment plan' will actually WORK?"  I didn't.  But what I DID know is that Rodan + Fields offers a 60-day satisfaction guarantee on all their products.  I had 60 days to try it, and if I wasn't convinced I could return the empty and get my money back.

I started my customized skincare routine in June.  By July, I was in love.  The REDEFINE Regimen I used left my skin smooth and moisturized but never oily.  The random dry patches I used to get were no longer.  My "pre" crow's feet were REALLY improving, and I stopped using under-eye concealer.  My gaping pores seemed to be minimized.  And I knew it was legit when my husband gave me his unsolicited opinion over the adult beverage we were sharing as we sat outside on a warm summer evening.  "Your skin really does look smoother."  Well THEN!  It wasn't just in my head.
 
This month, Rodan + Fields has just released a revolutionary skincare tool.  I've ordered mine, and it's on its way.  The REDEFINE Macro Exfoliator provides the benefits of a professional in-office microdermabrasion treatment, all in the comfort of your own home without the time and cost commitment.  In just 5 minutes, once a week, the hand-held tool sweeps away millions of dead cells that dull the skin's appearance, and it is clinically proven to visibly improve skin texture after only one use.  It's been featured in Marie Claire and Allure magazine, and this thing was JUST released 2 weeks ago.  The MACRO E is redefining the way we can care for our skin.  I mean, think about it.  We try to make healthy decisions, for our families and ourselves- about what we eat and feed our kids, how we get exercise and get our kids to stay active, and so on.  Rodan + Fields helps me to carry those healthy lifestyle choices into the way I care for my face.  I only get one face, so I'm going to make the most of it. 


You know when you've discovered a new product you're in love with and you just want to tell everyone how awesome it is? Same thing applies here. I.love.Rodan+Fields. I share it whenever possible. So I'm excited to share it with you all!  All Dawn's Disaster readers who complete the Solution Tool questionnaire and email themselves their results will receive a one-week sample supply of Microdermabrasion Paste, which is my #1 favorite product.  I'm also offering a free gift valued at $24 to all Dawn's Disaster readers who take our 60-day challenge to change to their skin with Rodan + Fields.  Contact me for details on how to qualify for free shipping and a 10% discount.  (Currently, Rodan + Fields is only available in the US.  Ann's prizes are for US residents only, however; if you live outside the US and email yourself, I will give you some ad space, see the bottom of the post).

One last thing-  if you would've had the chance to share Proactiv when it was first released, imagine where you might be.  Now imagine a business with Rodan + Fields, sharing with your friends skincare products that work.  What could that mean for you?  I'd love to connect with each and every one of you who might be thinking about an opportunity like this.  Maybe it's for you, maybe it's not, but arm yourself with the facts and make a well-informed decision.  If you'd like to have a conversation with me, I'd like to share an additional gift of Rodan + Fields product with you, a mini-facial treatment featuring 3 of our most loved products.  Give me a shout via email or Facebook.

Thanks so much for allowing me to join you here at Dawn's Disaster.  I hope I've inspired to put your best face forward every day, even in yoga pants and a ponytail!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

So, did you go use the Solution Tool questionnaire?  Did you email yourselves the results?  My regiment is UNBLEMISHED.  Oily skin blows.  I hope this helps me, too!

Share your results in the comments and you will also get a month of the Big One ad space!!  Remember, if you live in the US, you'll get that great PRIZE from Ann and some ad space from me.  If you don't live in the US, you can still use the tool, comment here and I'll hook you up with some ad space.  Oh, and don't forget to TWEET!!!  I <3 :="" div="" tweets="">

Also, order stuff from Ann and she'll hook you up with another prize!!





Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** NetworkedBlogs


 
This months Fab-o Sponsors: