Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 5 of My 30 Day Challenge


Day 5: What are the 5 things that make you happiest right now?

My kids, my kids, my kids, my kids and my kids…oh wait; I can’t use them five times?

1)  My family.  All of them, extended included (on my side).  I am so happy with the way my family interacts now.  It saddens me to have my brother so far away, but I am glad that he has turned a corner and wants to be a part of our family again.  He was “lost” for a few years, but has since realized that family is an important part of life.  We have realized that as much as we would prefer for him to be closer, it’s better to have a real connection than to have him “touchable”.

2)  Sleep.  I really enjoy my sleep.  All through my life, I have been a napper.  When I can, I nap.  I enjoy curling up with my body pillows, snuggling with my kids or husband and hunkering down, under my soft blanket. 

3)  White Collar, the television show.  I love this show.  It is the only one that I make my kids go somewhere else while I watch it.  Usually, my husband does something in their room with them, or they watch “Lem” a lot, but they are not allowed to talk while Mommy is watching Matt Bomer!

4)  When the Middle goes on the toilet.  Yep, it’s potty training time at my house!  The Middle was doing pretty well, until the Little one came.  Understandably, the setback occurred.  I was prepared for it, but it still bites the big one.  She is getting better over the last few days.  If she keeps this up, she’ll be potty trained by the end of the month!

5)  Not working at a full-time job.  I really like staying at home with the girls.  How did I go so long working?  I know; I trusted my husband to while I worked out of the home.  Don’t get me wrong, he did very well, but he cannot compare to me.  Not that I am doing a better job, but we do a lot more than they did before.   I think we are going to start weekly trips to the zoo before the Big one starts Kindergarten.  The littler two and I may continue while the big one is at school, but shhhhhh, don’t tell her!