Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dear Clothing Store Chains...

I took my oldest, who is five, school shopping today.  We left the store with some nice items, but I also left feeling like a Mean Mommy.  She wanted all these clothes that are totally inappropriate for her to wear...then I was thinking to myself: "WHY DO THEY EVEN HAVE THESE IN HER SIZE?!?" Off the shoulder-midrift-bearring-lacy shirts with a sports bra style thingy under it in 5, 6 and 6X. Shorts that had a inseam of half an inch, if there even was one. Skirts with holes on the sides. I about flipped out when I saw these outfits. Mind you, this was the first time I went into the girls section with her. Poor thing found all of these "cute" things that Mommy wouldn't let her get. I dragged her back into the Toddler section and found a lot of cute stuff...for really cheap, too!