Tuesday, June 11, 2013

20 Tuesdays in 2013.2

20 Tuesdays


Thanks for coming back for week 2!


2.   I love to _sing_ because it makes me happy.

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.

Ok, not really that song, but seriously, it does make me happy.  It's one of the reasons doing the 30 Day Music Challenge was so fun for me.

I am not a huge Lauryn Hill fan, but I think she did a phenomenal job at this song in Sister Act 2.  It was the first time I had heard it outside of my church.  For some reason, it moved me more.  I'm not sure if it was the "context" of the movie, or if it just had a little more Umpf than when my church does it, but it moved me.  It always does.  Now that I'm older and have a bit more experience, it makes me cry to hear.

Anyway, back to why I love to sing.  Have you ever had a really bad day and a GREAT song comes on the radio (or get to the great song on the CD your'e listening to)?  Have you cranked it up really loudly and screamed your lungs out in {as much} tune as you could?  ...and then you feel better, right?  Yeah you do.  It's ok to admit it.  I do, too.

When I'm sad, my go-to song is When You Say Nothing At All.  Seem strange that I like a melancholy song when I'm sad?  I know, but it's a great song {so great Rascal Flatts sampled from the instrumental bridge}!  "It's amazing how you can speak right from the heart, without saying a word, you can light up the dark."  Powerful.




So, what do you think?  What do love to do?
- - - - - - - - - - - -
You are more than welcome to pick only one 20 Tuesdays topic to write about (if you do, please leave a comment with your link and I will check it out), but if you do or plan to do all 20, link it up.  It doesn't matter if you are joining on Day 1 or the last day, you're welcome to start whenever...even if I've been done for 20 years ;)








Facebook ** Twitter ** Google+ ** Pinterest ** Bloglovin'